Social media platforms have continued to emerge and evolve over time, which causes changes in the way consumers engage with brands. Keeping up with the latest social media trends can be daunting, and in today’s world, the use of pictures to create more meaningful connections with customers has taken precedence over the use of text.
Consumers are generating 2.5 billion images every week with Facebook and Instagram alone. Combine these numbers with Pinterest and Tumblr and it’s already clear that people prefer the use of imagery in advertising to words. Pinterest is driving substantial results for brands and is the Web’s third-largest traffic referral source with 70% of users on Pinterest looking for shopping inspiration. Similarly, there are 45 million photos shared on Instagram daily.
So how can a digital marketer find success in a world of marketing without words?
This fundamental shift in consumer engagement on social media has created confusion for many brands about how to best use images in the most meaningful way. At Mediaura, we are experts at this stuff. Using computer algorithms and gathered data, we can decode which image characteristics attract the most consumer engagement.
5 Big Reasons Why Images are Important
1. Articles with images get 94% more total views
2. Including a photo in a press release increases views by over 45%
3. 60% of consumers are more likely to consider or contact a business when an image shows up in the search results
4. 67% of consumers say the quality of a product image is very important in selecting and purchasing a product
5. Engagement rate on Facebook for photos averages 37% higher than engagement for text.
Some interesting facts on the types of photos that attract the most pins and likes:
• Images with multiple dominant colors are over 3 times as likely to be shared than images with a single dominant color.
• Brand images without faces in pictures receive 23% more repins.
• Images with high lightness generate 24% more likes than dark images.
• Images with blue as the dominant color generate 24% more likes than images that are predominantly red.
• Images with a single dominant color generate 17% more likes than images with multiple dominant colors.
Engagement marketing is part of a holistic approach to online marketing. It is more than just posting and pinning images, but also about listening and responding to target customers. You can use social data to make your business smarter based on how your audience engages.
Importance of Real-Time Interaction
To build customer loyalty and your brand overall, you need to keep customers engaged in a continuous dialogue. The challenge here doesn’t necessarily arise from a lack of content, but in determining the best way to use personalized, real-time social media images with content in a valuable, relevant and timely manner. This is where Mediaura comes in. We work closely with your business to create an authentic branding strategy that will boost your consumer engagement in a big way. Evaluating which photos are receiving the most attention and giving your audience what they want is what we do best.
How We Can Help
Mediaura’s results are proven. We gather all information available about your users, demographics and usage data to help your business adapt to new visual conversations. Allow us to reframe these challenges as opportunities for your social media presence to thrive. Utilizing the right images on platforms like Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest have been proven to drive higher engagement and sales. For more information about Social Media management or for any of our other services, please Contact Us or call Mediaura at (502) 554-9649 to get your digital presence where it needs to be.