It’s not news to anyone that advertisements are running the show on Facebook these days. If you check Facebook on a fairly regular basis, you’ve surely come across ads that seem suspiciously directed at you. You might have an inclination about how these ads ended up on your news feed, but have you realized that businesses use Facebook targeted advertising to reach the people who are the most likely to give them their business? And if you do, do you know how it works?
Facebook gives you the power to target specific groups of people who are highly engaged with what your business offers through a series of questions. Compared to the average online reach of 38% for narrowly targeted campaigns, Facebook is 89% accurate. When you target your ad, you’re choosing the exact audience who you want to see your ad. It can be as specific or as broad as you like.
The Facebook targeted advertising techniques to help your business grow:
- Location You can reach customers in key locations by country, state/province, city and zip code. You can also target by radius from a city, or select to include cities within a selected mile radius. There’s even the option to exclude locations. This last option could be useful if you’re already targeting to that specific location in other ad sets so you won’t put out redundant ads.
- Demographics You can refine your ad’s target audience based on content people have shared about themselves in their Facebook profiles, such as: age, gender, relationship status, education and type of work they do.
- Interests Interest targeting allows you to define your ideal audience by their interests, hobbies and the pages they like on Facebook. For example, if you’re in the business of selling vintage clothing online, you can target customers in the sub-category Vintage clothing of the category Shopping and fashion.
- Behaviors These are activities that people do on or off Facebook that inform on which device they’re using, purchase behaviors or intents, travel preferences and more. Behaviors are constructed from both activity on Facebook and offline activity provided by data from Facebook’s third-party partners.
- Advanced targeting This includes:
- Custom Audiences – Targeting Facebook Ads to existing customers or prospects using information you already have.
- Lookalike Audiences – Finding people who are similar to your customers or prospects to target to.
- Custom Audiences from your website – Remarketing to people on Facebook who’ve already visited your website.
- Audience reach You can watch the meter next to the ‘Audiences’ section to see how many people your Facebook Ads could potentially reach. A broad reach will of course show your ads to the most people, but a narrow one helps you hone in on specific customers who matter most to your business.
The more specific you get with your audience, the better, because the people that DO see your ad are more likely to click on it. This results in a much better value for your money.
Creating your Facebook targeted ads is only the first step. Once you’ve targeted your ideal audience through social media, you have to keep them engaged. The power of social media management isn’t all about that perfect ad or catchy slogan, but it’s about building relationships and offering up content that makes your customers “want” to follow your page. At Mediaura, we build strong relationships with our clients so we can help them engage their audience in the most constructive way possible. Pushing a product or service isn’t the best way to convert your audience into paying customers. It takes communication and building a trustworthy relationship with your prospective clientele. By providing rich, interactive content on social media, your business becomes more interesting and enticing to your customers. At this point, they should want to spread the word for you.
At Mediaura we know it’s not just about buying ad space, it’s about being smart and realizing how to take advantage of these low cost advertising avenues that offer clients much more value for their budget. Today’s economy requires businesses to have a strong social media presence if they want to be successful. Mediaura works closely with your team to create an authentic branding strategy that will boost consumer engagement on your social media platforms in a big way. To find out more about our social media management team or any of our other services, please Contact Us or call Mediaura at (502) 554-9649 to get your digital presence where it needs to be.